The Agroecology programme is aimed at international students with a strong interest in sustainable agriculture and agroecosystem management.
Students will get the opportunity to understand structure and function of complex agroecosystems. They will learn to apply systems approaches in studying, designing and evaluating (agricultural) systems and food production chains, and to develop creative solutions for sustainable farming and marketing of organic products. The program teaches a multidisciplinary approach in which natural science is combined with social science and economics.
Action learning and action research through cooperation with farmers, food system professionals and consumers will shorten the distance between practice and theory.
The proposed programme exploits the strengths of the two co-operating institutes, adding the specialist knowledge in agroecosystems management of FESIA with the strengths in designing and evaluating organic food production chains at Wageningen.
The Double Diploma Program Agorecology - Organic Agriculture is designed as a two-year programme curriculum including a practical thesis project. The programme combines 4 semesters with semester 1 and 2 in Wageningen, the Netherlands, and semester 3 at ISARA (member of FESIA) in Lyon, France. The master thesis (semester 4) will be carried out under the major responsability of one of two partners, and will be co-supervised by the other partner.
Innovative learning tools
- Experiment different learning approaches through lectures, excursions, case studies and training projects
- Work with and for professionals
- Exchange experiences in agroecology and organic agriculture in Europe
- Improve your knowledge with experts recognized in agroecology and organic agriculture
An international experience
- Develop your personal and professional network
- A unique experience combining different European cultures
- Seek out professional abilities through practical experiences